I try to step 10,000 steps every day…most days I do somewhere between 12,000 to 20,000 steps per day. My weekly goal is 100,000+. I hit my goals pretty consistently. How does one find time to hit 10,000 steps…some of it is intentional…some is not.
- Get ready for work…this usually gets me my first 500 steps to get the day started.
- Park a couple of blocks away from the gym and hike in those few blocks…yes carrying all your gear!
- Do a minimum of 30 minutes of sweat drenching cardio. Mondays I take a spin class, Tuesday through Friday I do Cardio and weights. Saturdays are aqua aerobics at the pool. I usually get 2,500 to 8,000 steps during my workouts.
- Walk back a few blocks to your car.
- Walk during your lunch and breaks. This typically adds about another 6,000 steps. See how those steps add up super FAST???
- And finally all the extra steps you get while running errands after work, making dinner, doing laundry, walking the dog!
It adds up so quickly!
Other things you can do:
- Park farther away in the parking lot
- Take the stairs
- Walk instead of driving if it’s a distance you can walk…or ride your bike if it’s further!
But be intentional to walk more every day and before you know it you will consistently hit your step goals and even overachieve them! Have fun! Compete with friends and family!
Here’s my stats today and I didn’t even get my lunchtime walk in!